Join NoJetsTO as an Organizer
We’re looking for an experienced outreach organizer to join our movement to save Toronto’s waterfront. As an NoJetsTO organizer, you will have a leading role in our ground campaign.
NoJetsTO is the largest group dedicated to preserving Toronto’s mixed-use waterfront and a regional Island Airport. As a city-wide residents organization, NoJetsTO opposes the expansion of the Island Airport through jet aircraft and extended runways.
Working closely with NoJetsTO’s Steering Committee, the NoJetsTO outreach organizer will be responsible for coordinating our volunteers and interacting with Toronto residents door to door and at outreach events. This includes:
- Mobilizing, training and guiding volunteers for outreach activities
- Ensuring quality of returned petitions
- Coordinate with other NoJetsTO organizers and allies
- Demonstrated experience in public outreach and/or canvassing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work irregular hours (including evenings and weekends)
- Proven ability to work independently, with limited to no supervision, and in a team environment
- Proficiency in keeping accurate records and attention to detail
- Experience with Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft Office required; experience with NationBuilder an asset
- Experience with volunteer management and coordination is an asset
- Access to a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license and/or possession of a monthly TTC pass
- Basic understanding of the current municipal political climate is an asset
Terms and Conditions
- This is a temporary, hourly-paid contract position for a two-month period, to be extended if mutually desired
- Reporting to: NoJetsTO Steering Committee
- Weekly work hours: 15-20 hours
- Compensation: $15/hour basic duties, $17/hour with NationBuilder qualification
- Starting date: immediately
Send your resume and a brief cover letting outlining why you’re right for our organizer position to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15. We encourage all eligible applicants to apply. You will be contacted only if we are able to grant you an interview.